Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Fana Bana Bobana"

Spent this Wednesday with my beloved Julia in town. Tried not to buy anything since we're saving for Paris but checking out some stores is always fun. Saw this Frida Kahlo printed T shirt from ACNE and it just made us think of Fanny, our Mexican sister that we lived with in New York.

She made our livingroom come to life with her beautiful art and I will never forget when she came home with seven small Frida Kahlo paintings that we hang up together between the windows. As well I will never forget one day I came home to the apartment and heard Animal Collective playing on the highest volume. I opened the door. There she sat on the floor, painting and was so into the music you could see it in her hands. I miss her. I miss her a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment